* I stumbled across the band Bastille thanks to Pandora, and they’re so awesome I had to purchase their whole album, Bad Blood! It’s pretty amazing, but I won’t lie, I may be listening to the opening song, “Pompeii” nonstop. Even better, the music video follows the very babely lead singer around, so win-win.
* I wish I were able to wear red lipstick, but it clashes too much with pink hair. *the sads* So I got purple lipstick and I am happy about it:
* Sometimes, a rando on Instagram finds you and likes one of your photos, and you’re like, “Hmm, let me check them out,” and you do, and their pics are amaaaaazing. That’s how I feel about kellibratty.
* If you’re like me, you too are tired of those articles folks are posting on Facebook and Twitter, titled “5 Things All 20-Somethings Should Do” and “How to Be Happy,” etc etc etc. This article totally nails how I feel, and puts it all in perspective: 12 Habits of Happy, Healthy People Who Don’t Give a Shit About Your Inner Peace.
* I’m completely smitten with Fathom, a travel blog/inspiration website. So many fun articles, interesting videos, and beautiful pics! This is enough to kick my ass into high gear and figure out an upcoming trip, or at least dream one.
* As I cultivate my own blog and try to figure out the sort of content I want on here, I’m also actively checking out other fun blogs to motivate and inspire me. Ayesha is Blogging belongs to someone I actually went to high school with. Ayesha specializes in tasty recipes and fashion, as well as documenting her life on the west coast.
* Recently, at my local grocery store, Fresh & Easy–which I lovingly call Fresh & Sleazy–I purchased a bottle of Pebble Bay 2013 Sauvignon Blanc. It was basically the best decision I’ve made in the last half of this year. Bonus! It’s inexpensive at about $6 a bottle, or $3 if it’s on sale. Even bigger bonus! It’s a screw top!! I know that screw top wines get a lot of shit, but they are easier to open, and therefore take less time to open, and therefore guarantee wine in my mouth sooner.
Happy weekend everyone!