* Pull out your smart phones right now and check out 24 amazing travel apps from this year. I’m not ashamed to say that I immediately downloaded at least half of these! Which one is top of your list to get first?
* If you have a sweet tooth like I do, you’ll be equally excited to read about the best ice cream in the world!
* What do you think of Richard Branson’s new vacation non-policy for the Virgin Group? It comes down to this: you take vacation when you want, for as long as you need, and vacay hours aren’t logged. He clearly trusts his employees, and hopefully it will be good news for the company (and fingers crossed that other US companies will take note!).
* I want to keep staring at these overwhelmingly symmetrical photos of Hong Kong. Trippy.
* Felix Starck traveled through 22 countries in a year…on a bike. I cannot wait to see the documentary of his experience, which you can pre-order now!
* Are you over Burning Man yet? I’m not! 🙂 I found two amazing videos that were shot at this year’s Burn and they are both so beautiful. If you were there it’ll totally take you back — and if you didn’t go it will give you an amazing taste of what it’s like. Just have 3 minutes? Watch this one. Have more like 10 minutes? Watch this one.
* I’m going to Iceland for New Year’s, and I plan on seeing as much of the beautiful country as possible. Oh, and I’d also officially like to meet everyone on the police force in Reykjavik, because they are too. cool. for school. (PS if anybody out there has some Iceland advice, I’d love to hear it!)
* If you’re traveling through Europe anytime soon, this list of 12 budget airlines is a must read.
* This ridiculously adorable video of Girona almost doesn’t look real. Those colors!
* And not at all related to travel, Leonardo DiCaprio is now on Instagram. *dies*