* The best way to learn is from experience. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to read through this pretty comprehensive list of things to know before traveling or this list of tips to help make you a savvier traveler. Both articles are clearly comprised of valuable lessons learned from past mistakes!
* Although I knew a grand total of two people when I moved to San Francisco, this piece on why you should move to a city where you don’t know a single soul still resonated with me strongly.
* Excellent question — should you travel while you’re in debt?
* A short and sweet story about human connections.
* This is so badass! Photographer Captures The Sunset in Every Time Zone in a Single Day.
* I love when cities have bike paths for safe riding. I überlove this particular solar-powered glow-in-the-dark bike path, though, that lights up with a river of stars à la Van Gogh’s Starry Night. *swoon*
* You’ve seen photos of the Statue of Liberty and Times Square, but these photos taken in the alleys and side streets of New York City show you a slightly more quaint and charming side of the city.
* Here is some stellar advice on how to backpack and also still look trendy.
* This cat! This place!? Squeee!
* A Tremendous post you may have missed: Planning (Without Overplanning): My Las Vegas Top 3.