* Confession: I have a selfie stick that I have never used. It’s actually really great for travelers, though! Here are some excellent reasons to join the selfie stick movement.
* Seeing passports of my friends who are not US citizens is always fun. If you agree, then behold, the Passport Index!
* This man! Thanks to him, millions of children will have shoes to last them 5 years. This makes me so, so happy.
* An fascinating look into the world of whale hunting in the Faroe Islands. What do you think: should the Faroese be allowed to continue hunting whales each summer as their ancestors did or is this a cruel tradition that needs to come to an end?
* I’m thinking about my next big trip, and Tulum is definitely on the radar.
* What is everyone’s favorite Brit rom-com? Love, Actually, of course! And the one line I never understood in that movie was uttered by Keira Knightley’s character, Juliet: “Banoffee pie?” Like, what the hell is that? Tell me, Juliet! Well, here’s what it is and how to make it. ps the storyline between Aurelia and Jamie sends me into the kind of cry when you’re laughing and crying at the same time, I just can’t help it.
* I have no problems doing activities by myself, but it certainly has taken some practice! Now that I’m used to it, though, there’s a certain luxury in going to a bar or a restaurant alone. Want to experience that, too? Here’s an awesome guide to eating alone (and enjoying it).
* This Aloha Love Bus is like Woodstock in Hawaii. ❤
* Feeling broke? You are preaching to the choir. Here are 24 kickass date night ideas for under $10 (and also just fun stuff to do if you’re on a budget!).
* The difference between living in New York and living in San Francisco. Yup. Yup yup yup.
* A Tremendous post you may have missed: What Surprised Me About Iceland.