* In 2011, Tohoku hit Japan — a 9.0 magnitude earthquake and tsunami that caused the area around Fukushima Power Plant to evacuate. Check out these eerie photos of the abandoned Fukushima Exclusion Zone four years later.
* Open up the app store and download some of 2015’s best new travel apps.
* Travel doesn’t have to be as stressful as we tend to make it. I love these six simple tips to ensure a smooth and (mostly) stress-less arrival.
* An important question to ask yourself: Am I really happy every single day?
* Travel hacking — something I want to do more of, but certainly find intimidating. If you’re in the same boat, you will l-o-v-e this Q&A with Brian Kelly. It really breaks things down and makes it so much easier to know what to do next.
* These traveling Jar Jar Binks photos are also terrifying, but in a funny way. (Right?)
* If you’re interested in purging and de-cluttering, might I recommend a little bit of inspiration**?
* “One thing is very clear for me: None of us were born to be ‘Phone People.’ We are born for much grander lives and bigger adventures than that. There has to be a better way of living in the modern world and engaging with technology. I trust that, collectively, as a human race, we will figure it out. Step #1 is simple: Put your freaking phone… down.”
* Yes, yes, yes. Sometimes we get stuck simply on the fact that we’re feeling stuck. The way to become unstuck? Just do the next thing.
* I…I literally don’t 100% know what I just watched. This is the terrifying reality of the cartel wars in Peru, and how one man shaped it all.
* Eeeee! So beautiful.
* A Tremendous post you may have missed: How to Actually Sleep on a Flight.
** Affiliate link. You pay the same amount as you would on a non-affiliate link, but I may receive a small amount of money if you purchase through my link. Of course, I only recommend awesome things I like. 🙂